Sunday, May 3, 2015

NYC Vegan Shop-Up Market


Sunday May 3rd my boyfriend Hayden and I ventured out to the spreadhouse coffee shop on Suffolk street for the Vegan pop up market. I had seen pictures of past pop up events on instagram but never had the opportunity to go. These events are a great way to sample vegan foods and goods from a variety of vendors all in one place.




Some of the vendors we saw today were the Freakin Vegans with their vegan empanadas. We got a 4 pack so we could try the different flavors. I really enjoyed the spinach and ricotta flavor. The philly cheese and breakfast empanadas would have fooled any non-vegan. Hayden preferred the cheddar broccoli flavor.








We also tried a strawberry-chocolate fritter from the Cake Thieves who are regularly located at the spreadhouse coffee shop. The cake thieves tagline is "We make vegan things that don't taste vegan...cause that would be gross." And they don't lie. Their doughnuts are delicious.






My personal favorite today was something I had seen only in pictures. Sweet Maresa makes artisan vegan french macaroons using ingredients from local farmers markets. The chocolate macaroon was so soft and delicious. Hayden tried a chocolaty smores cookie. My favorite was the Smacaroon, smores flavored macaroon.

The sunny weather made today the perfect setting for a pop up market. We enjoyed everything we tried and will most likely attend another vegan pop up event. There were a few vendors I saw but didn't get to try today, like Cheeze Hound nut based cheeses, 3 little birds vegan ice cream, and The Fanciful Fox natural soaps and body products. All of these vendors & their products are vegan. I feel good supporting small businesses local to the NYC area. I love being able to sample all these vendors in one place.

No comments:

Post a Comment